View Single Post
Old 09-13-2020, 11:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
tchertel
Base Member

Drives: 2014 SC 370z
tchertel is on a distinguished road

Well, as I mentioned earlier (I think), the worm drive clamp in the picture was the only one on the car installed on the overflow line by the garage that installed the Stillen kit. The leaking shown in the picture on the throttle bodies still had the factory clamp. I have since purchased some new constant pressure clamps and installed them at the overflow and place a new one, slightly undersized, onto the water line for the TB that was leaking and will monitor it.

My Z has been sitting about one week without being started and I noticed that when I removed the radiator cap I could tell the cooling system built up some pressure even though the car was not started. This was even after I had already removed the cap and took the picture. Kind of strange how that system could create some pressure all on its own without the antifreeze getting warm from the engine.

I will have to say, so far, this 370z is one of the oddest cars I have owned. I thought Honda did some weird, ***-backwards, non-standard things but this Z is running a close second.

I will have to say this forum has been a wealth of information though, everyone is awesome.