View Single Post
Old 09-12-2020, 02:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
Optimiser
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 Nissan 370Z MT
Optimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchertel View Post
Hello fellow Z family. In the process of pulling my spark plugs to verify they were not fouled out (different issue entirely) I noticed dried coolant on the smaller coolant lines on the throttle bodies as well as the small line leading to the overflow unit that coolant has been seeping out of these lines even though they are over the barbs and have the clamps in place as well. I pulled the radiator cap to see if there is any coolant in the filler neck and noticed that it appears coolant is leaking from the cap as well. I have posted some pics.

I was wondering if anyone else has seen this. Seems like maybe there is too much pressure in the cooling system which is causing this to happen. Is that possible? I don't know if I have lost much coolant, the coolant temp on the gauge has always read well, never has been hot. I remember only once, on a very hot day, that some coolant blew out the overflow reservoir and made a spotted mess when the blue antifreeze dried; I cleaned that up but now I see more right below where the radiator cap is located so I am thinking that cap is leaking for sure (will be buying a new one). Looking for any thoughts on this.

I am FI with the stock Stillen setup.
I have the SC A to A setup and I also get some tiny bits of dried coolant on a connection or two. It has never increased and doesn't affect the coolant reservoir level so I don't really worry about it.
Optimiser is offline   Reply With Quote