View Single Post
Old 09-11-2020, 12:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
sx moneypit
Premium Member

Drives: 2010 370Z PG 6 spd
sx moneypit has a reputation beyond reputesx moneypit has a reputation beyond reputesx moneypit has a reputation beyond reputesx moneypit has a reputation beyond reputesx moneypit has a reputation beyond reputesx moneypit has a reputation beyond reputesx moneypit has a reputation beyond reputesx moneypit has a reputation beyond reputesx moneypit has a reputation beyond reputesx moneypit has a reputation beyond reputesx moneypit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff-AU View Post
I am very sensitive to drone too (HATE it) and the HKS Hi-Power suits me perfectly. I have a manual but there was a comment on here that took pains to point out the HKS had zero drone at any RPM and at any load point. They were spot on. I haven't even insulated my boot area, car is 100% stock just bolted the cat-back on.

All exhausts are known to get louder with HFCs so YMMV if you go ahead with those.

HKS Hi-power is almost silent as stock if you are in the first 10% of the throttle range and below 3000RPM. But as soon as you put a bit of load on it comes to life and makes a nice, noticeable note (it's a lot louder outside the car than in the cabin though, which suits me fine). But no drone.
My car is fitted with one too.
sx moneypit is offline   Reply With Quote