View Single Post
Old 09-10-2020, 07:26 PM   #5519 (permalink)
Red-Hat
Base Member

Drives: '20 370Z Shiro White
Red-Hat has a reputation beyond reputeRed-Hat has a reputation beyond reputeRed-Hat has a reputation beyond reputeRed-Hat has a reputation beyond reputeRed-Hat has a reputation beyond reputeRed-Hat has a reputation beyond reputeRed-Hat has a reputation beyond reputeRed-Hat has a reputation beyond reputeRed-Hat has a reputation beyond reputeRed-Hat has a reputation beyond reputeRed-Hat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andaesthetics View Post
The only thing slightly concerning to me from seeing this newest teaser, is that the middle console looks almost exactly the same as current 370Z.
I noticed that too. I have mixed feelings - there are elements of the existing interior I don't mind they keep, but a few things badly need updating...

Quote:
I hope they really updated the interior with more alcantara, leather, and less cheap plastic. It would be amazing if they had some carbon fiber option bits from the factory, but I'll keep dreaming on that one.
TBH, I hope they retain the same overall layout but with some basic changes that would make a Z perfect (for my tastes):
  • Replace the old infotainment unit with a with a state of the art TFT HD display (obviously give it AA/CP).
  • Get rid of the crappy LCD calculator display in the left gauge of the instrument cluster and replace it with a configurable TFT display that includes a digital speed readout.
  • Give the steering wheel reach adjustment in addition to rake.
  • Replace any 'satin silver' plastic trim pieces with *real* aluminium or high quality faux carbon fibre (real CF is probably too much to hope for).

Things I hope they keep but I fear they will replace:
  • Keep the real, analogue instrument cluster (with real tacho and speedo) that moves up and down with the wheel. Not a fan of fully digital instrument clusters, they lack soul.
  • Keep the three centre round pod gauges on the dashboard (but maybe make them configurable TFTs). Because they are now iconic and still cool IMO.
  • Keep the infotainment screen down below the centre pod gauges. The 'tablet stuck on the dashboard' infotainment fadis junk and will age a car's interior badly.
  • Keep the suede/alcantara arm rest and door pads on the door cards, but yes, extend it to cover more surfaces that are currently just plastic.

Do all that and I'll be a happy camper. Not too much needs changing, just a few details to bring it up to date.
Red-Hat is offline   Reply With Quote