View Single Post
Old 09-08-2020, 03:19 PM   #74 (permalink)
Zerafian
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13' MB 370z
Zerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiz View Post

Any updates?
The timing on your comment, Waiz!

Well, I took it to a top shop right near ATL about 3.5 months ago and they wanted to charge me over $18k.............

Incoming bad grammar and typos

They wanted to pull pieces off the stock body, custom fab mounting points where they didnt need to exist, and so many other things. Tthey didnt know WTF they were doing and I have ZERO clue how, having recently installed doluck widebodies on so LC500s right after I dropped off my car. The biggest example is the amuse spoiler. Two weeks of having my car, they didnt know there was a light that custom fit the spoiler. They were trying to charge me thousands to custom fab the stock spoiler light into the amuse spoiler. These guys were idiots. They had my car for two weeks and didnt do anything.

I told them Day 1 to contact me immediately, if they thought there was going to be a fix that cost an extra $500-1000, since I was on a budget. I let them do their thing and never heard from them. I finally called them, 10 days in and nothing was done. In the end I got $1300 of rentals refunded from them, since they knew the issue day one and never called me or attempted to contact me. Along with the manager posing as the owner, never correcting me and he had no understanding of modifying a car. I was dealing with the money guy the entire time, not the actual owner.

Fast forward 2.5 months later, I finally dropped the car off about 25 minutes from my house. A shop, what felt like, in the middle of no where. A couple guys that are body shop guys and own their shops for 20+ years recommended this shop. I got a way better vibe from these two older guys running their shop. They actually came by my house and went over everything

They actually sent me initial fitment pics, today.

LC500 exhaust set uphttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI7DiA43ZYw&t

Last edited by Zerafian; 09-08-2020 at 06:13 PM.
Zerafian is offline   Reply With Quote