View Single Post
Old 09-08-2020, 09:35 AM   #9 (permalink)
babyzilla
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 15 Nismo Tech 6MT
babyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL 4Motion View Post
Assuming that your finances aren’t being stretched, which it sounds like they’re not, then I say hell yes get the m2c! What a fantastic car. Iirc, the m2 competition is the only one offered here now, not 100% sure on that, I’m a VAG guy not a bmw dude. .

As far as reliability goes, dlstr, nailed it, the negative voices always outweigh the positive ones when reading just about any car reviews. I’d you only knew about the 370z from reviews, you’d wonder why anyone would by such a shitty car, but we all know how good it is and the flaws are fixable thu the aftermarket.

Speaking of which, my advice, for what it’s worth, would be to go new with an extended warranty so you don’t have to stress about reliability. Don’t tune it, the Germans have gotten REALLY strict on voiding warranty for tuning post diesel gate, at least Audi has and I’m sure bmw as well. Stick to suspension, wheel upgrades etc. it’s a fast car already.

And now I must post the obligatory “if your shopping an m2c, then you should at least giv a look at the Audi TT RS”. If you’re keeping your z, then you’d have awd tubo dsg so it’d be a different sport car experience.

Good luck and pls keep us posted.
Thanks for the response! You touched on some great points. Now for my review. I feel like I'm going to get flamed for this.

On Friday the wifey and I met up at our local BMW dealer after work. She immediately pointed out one of their display cars and said, "ohh I like that. Can we get that instead?" It was a BMW M8 LOL. Anyways, we got into the M2. First thing I noticed is I couldn't really get into a perfect seating position. I wasn't sure if it's because I'm so used to being slung back and sitting low in my Z, but after some adjustments I made it work. The clutch was very soft, a little too soft for my liking. I suppose that's good for DDing especially in traffic. The gearbox was rubbery? Can't really explain it, but it wasn't as direct as I would have liked it. The exterior and interior look great to me, and the car sounds amazing from the outside. However, I barely heard the down shifts when driving which I absolutely love about my Z. I think the most underwhelming thing about the entire driving experience was, to me, it felt like the electronics were doing most of the work. It felt like driving a computer. The steering wheel was so numb. Whereas the Z provides direct feedback and you actually have to drive. Hydraulic > DriveByWire. Don't get me wrong, the M2C is fast af and quick, but my Z just felt more exhilarating.

Before I test drove, I really thought this was my next car. I really wanted to like it. Un/fortunately, I can say I no longer aspire to own a M2C. I'm not sure if it's because I'm so used to my Z and if that feeling has spoiled me, but I just couldn't get the same feeling driving the M2C. I've driven the mustang 5.0, C5/6/7 Z06, and GT4 and those cars all seemed more fun to drive (I've never driven a better can than the GT4. Everything "they" say about the car is true.) I'm obviously in no rush nor do I WANT to go out and buy a new car, but I would like to get an idea as to what my next car will be. I don't really like the idea of garaging a car. Collecting cars would be cool, but we don't have money like that lol. If I'm going to buy a car I want to drive it everyday and have fun. This also means it has to be reasonably priced, so we don't have to worry about what DDing will naturally do to a car. This is another area where the Z shines. I think I'm just looking for a more refined version of the Z. So far, the only other car that appeals to me is the Lotus Evora. They are a bit expensive right now, but I would like to test drive that car as well. I also thought about importing something JDM like a NSX or R-32/33. The theme here is something exclusive that you don't see it often, yet reliable and affordable. Let me know if any of you have suggestions. I think the Evora has my focus right now.

Last edited by babyzilla; 09-08-2020 at 09:38 AM.
babyzilla is offline   Reply With Quote