View Single Post
Old 09-06-2020, 05:58 PM   #47 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
You ran almost the same setting as I'm using now.
Great (pervy) minds think alike.

Tire wear with our setup was pretty dang even across the tread, I don’t remember the tire pressure track settings but 36 psi cold (maybe?).

We also used a pyrometer probe to check tire temps (outside blocks, center, and inside blocks) on each tire and the temps were very close across the board on each tire. Temps in relation to the three spots per tire is more important than comparing one tire to another although that is important too. That lets you know your alignment settings and tire pressures are pretty dialed in, better than just looking at tire wear bc each track can wear tires differently and that won’t let you know if your really using all your tire across the tread and maximizing grip at a given circuit.

Edit: now I’m thinking 38-40 psi hot for tire pressures. Fvck, obviously I don’t remember well at all the tire pressures we ran but y’all get the idea about what to check and how regarding tires alignment and pressures.

Last edited by FL 4Motion; 09-06-2020 at 06:02 PM.
FL 4Motion is offline   Reply With Quote