View Single Post
Old 09-06-2020, 04:04 AM   #3 (permalink)
ihaveashihtzu
Base Member

Drives: 08 G35, 11 370 Nismo
ihaveashihtzu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Sub frames are the same.

Is that a SPL solid bushing?

From which direction did you install the bushing from? From the front, or from the rear?

Before installing the bushing. Did you make sure that there is NO burrs inside the hole. Use a flapper wheel inside the hole to smooth it out and remove the paint. Coat the inside of the hole with anti-seize. Have the bushing sit in the freezer for 24 hrs before install?

The hole is NOT perfectly round. When welding the sub-frame together. The welding distorted the hole.

You're almost there in the 2nd picture. A BF hammer might get you there. I've installed a couple of these. What you could do. Since you have the sub-frame out. Install the diff. What will be the telling point. Is how easy it is to thread the 2 front bolts into the sub-frame. If one of the bolts won't thread easy. Then you know that the bushing has to be moved. The first one I installed. I had to tap the bushing deeper into the hole to get both front bolts to thread. I had the front of the bushing flush with the hole.
Thanks Rusty,

Yes it is a SPL bushing. I installed the bushing on the side closest to the rear bumper. I soaked the bushing in a dry-ice alcohol slushie for a couple hours prior to install, along with some silicone paste inside the bushing hole. The one thing I did not do was smooth out the inside which is most likely the reason for it being so difficult (sigh).

I was debating on if i should even try lining up the diff, but I will give it a shot tomorrow.
ihaveashihtzu is offline   Reply With Quote