View Single Post
Old 09-04-2020, 09:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Duc_Z09
Track Member

Drives: With the blinker on.
Duc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond repute
Default FI newb on a rebuild project

I've been lurking on the FI section for a while but until recently it's not something I'd seriously considered for cost reasons. Then, suddenly a Winnebago pulls across a major highway and f*cks up my prized nismo (see thread RIP #206). I'm despondent.

Fast forward to today and I'm left with a car that's damaged but completely repairable, a pile of $$ for a total loss settlement (including a small bribe for not suing the sh*t out of them for a broken finger), and grand plans to get this thing back on the road. Obviously a donor car will get me all the boring stuff like front clip assembly, airbags, windshield, control arm and wheel that broke, etc. But I want more than just my bone stock car back on the road, which brings me to the fun part.

From what I read Fast Intentions is the way to go. Aside from their stage 1 TT kit with all the options (not that an oil cooler is optional) what supporting mods should I be considering besides the ones I've already got planned or have even ordered already? These include a Mishimoto radiator, silicone hoses, oil pan spacer, diff upgrade kit with Whiteline bushings, 2 piece rotor upgrade kit, clutch/flywheel kit, motor/trans mounts, subframe connector inserts, FI exhaust (duh), and head studs. I'm also replacing all the pulleys on the front of the engine while it's apart (65k miles on an 09).

Car will be a weekend toy on a safe 93 tune 99% of the time but I wouldn't be opposed to E85 once in a blue moon. I should probably add that I have my own garage and lift bay, an assortment of air tools, and a buddy who builds/finishes cars and does collision repair professionally. The car has already been on a frame machine and it's straight.
2009 370z #206 (all mods are Home Depot)
2009 Ducati 848 (full Ohlins, Termignoni, etc)
2003 Grand Cherokee (long arms, big tires, 4.56, lockers)
Duc_Z09 is offline   Reply With Quote