View Single Post
Old 09-04-2020, 08:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyzilla View Post
What do you all think of the M2 or M2 Competition? Does anyone here own one or ever driven one? I would like to hear any and all opinions/facts.

I recently saw a brand new one at the dealership and just started drooling over it - I don't even know why. I've always liked the M2 and the overall concept behind it. The Competition package just makes it even better (or worse depending on who you ask). I've always stayed away from Germans because of cost and reliability, but as I am getting older and starting to make more money, I feel like I'm developing a new outlook on cars.

I know this is a Z forum and there will be bias, but I'm all ears and hoping to gain some useful insight. I have a feeling this will be my next car - it just seems like a professional, adult go-cart haha. I don't have any plans on getting rid of my baby. Just thinking about it.

Thanks!
Assuming that your finances aren’t being stretched, which it sounds like they’re not, then I say hell yes get the m2c! What a fantastic car. Iirc, the m2 competition is the only one offered here now, not 100% sure on that, I’m a VAG guy not a bmw dude. .

As far as reliability goes, dlstr, nailed it, the negative voices always outweigh the positive ones when reading just about any car reviews. I’d you only knew about the 370z from reviews, you’d wonder why anyone would by such a shitty car, but we all know how good it is and the flaws are fixable thu the aftermarket.

Speaking of which, my advice, for what it’s worth, would be to go new with an extended warranty so you don’t have to stress about reliability. Don’t tune it, the Germans have gotten REALLY strict on voiding warranty for tuning post diesel gate, at least Audi has and I’m sure bmw as well. Stick to suspension, wheel upgrades etc. it’s a fast car already.

And now I must post the obligatory “if your shopping an m2c, then you should at least giv a look at the Audi TT RS”. If you’re keeping your z, then you’d have awd tubo dsg so it’d be a different sport car experience.

Good luck and pls keep us posted.
FL 4Motion is offline   Reply With Quote