View Single Post
Old 09-04-2020, 11:09 AM   #467 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

Most LS swaps consist of a 500 dollar junkyard engine, gapped rings, cam and a turbo (maybe). If people want to make power, they grab the gen4 stuff. I could have done all that and made 800hp all day rear wheel. Heck, my buddy with the twin turbo G8 made over 1000whp doing the items I mentioned.

Personally, I don't want anything to do with the junkyard engine scene (although my block technically is). Heck, I think I would do the same lunatic build if it was a 2J, RB, VQ etc... overbuild to the moon. I literally did the same thing to a moped I rebuilt. When it was done, I tested it out. My 1984 QT50 that originally went 20mph went 65mph on a 65cc engine.... it was terrifying. The shocks were not upgraded and neither were the brakes (it's getting detuned). Point being, I feel like this is just what I do. Although, I'm attempting to make my car somewhat well rounded.

Not sure if I mentioned this or not, but I will be using CO2 with my waste gates MS3 can be set up with CO2 to make the driving experience mild (gate springs at 3lbs) to wild by holding the dome closed on gates to build 40lbs (aka holy sh1t mode).

I like the idea of a Corvette but I would never own one. I LOVE the way a 370z looks and I always find myself drooling over the bodylines, even to this day. The devalued state of the 370z, American muscle and experts that I can lean on for my build made it an easier choice.

Short story... I'd be up to my eyeballs in any direction.
gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote