View Single Post
Old 09-03-2020, 05:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
babyzilla
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 15 Nismo Tech 6MT
babyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber370 View Post
I’ve been looking at the M2 for the last couple of years. Like you, this car has always peaked my interest. There is just one thing that I can’t get passed. It’s a BMW and there will be reliability issues, short term and long. I am not biased in any way and appreciate what’s gone into this car in both development and performance. But, based on my passed and present experience with BMWs in general, I can’t get passed the BMW phobia I have. I keep checking the classifieds just the same for some reason. Don’t know why.

In the end, I’ll probably stick with my Z. But, yeah the M2 is an extremely interesting beast.
Looks like we're in the same boat! I came across some older posts from MagicBus (I think) who has a M2 and Z and he really loves the M2. I wonder if he still has it. If he does, I'd be curious to know what the reliability has been for him.

Also, my brother once custom ordered a 335i with the M package from Germany about 6-7 years ago. It lasted a week and turned out to be a lemon. There was an issue they couldn't fix where the throttle would just cut off on the highway........
Needless to say, I think I'm scarred from it. Yet, I love the M2 lol
babyzilla is offline   Reply With Quote