View Single Post
Old 09-02-2020, 09:13 AM   #11 (permalink)
JRibbs09
Base Member

Drives: 2010 Nissan 370z
JRibbs09 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonmed123 View Post
My 09 started doing this same thing after the letting the battery die out a few times and doing the window reset. It will some times not open the lock using the exterior button (both doors) or the key fob. It will not even let me open the door manually using the key. Ill have to use the key to initiate the window roll down t o unlock it. Then it will start to work again a few times then surprise, I can get in again. At one point when the battery was on its way down the locks kept initiating spontaneously so I just disconnected the battery, charged it up and it was back to normal.

I put a AGM battery a week later it was dead, charged it up four days later dead- they said it was a bad battery. Got a new one put it on a trickle charger. I just tested it this morning and the locks worked just fine but didnt work 2 days ago after driving it. I am going to disconnect the master switch this weekend and take a look at my harness and do as SouthArk370 suggests. I am also looking at just buying a master switch of of ebay and swapping it out, not sure yet. I will update once I take a look.

So based on what i've been finding out about this issue from the mechanic at the Nissan dealer, on this forum and even Z1 motorsports...over time, excessive heat and moisture wear away at the actuator and cause it to fail.

I haven't done this yet, as i'm waiting for it to come in still...but after you take the interior panel off completely, there are i believe 10 bolts, once you undo all of them you can take that inner part off.

My plan is to use some Heat and Sound suppressor made by Thermo-Tec that would typically be used on firewalls and floorboards, and put it on the other side and maybe on the inside of the exterior section as well. Theoretically, IMO....this should prevent it from getting excessive heat, as well as quiet the cabin a bit and tighten up any rattling.

https://www.thermotec.com/products/s...at-control-mat
JRibbs09 is offline   Reply With Quote