View Single Post
Old 09-01-2020, 01:39 PM   #461 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

Fragola fittings came in for the radiator. I had no idea how large -20 was until I saw it in person. -20 is 1.5" while -16 is 1.25". The size of the fittings and hose had me searching for ideas for a while on the best way to route the hose. I took a few pictures along the way thinking "AH this is how it's going to work." BUT... like plumbing, things change. I left in some of positioning photos just so you can see the process I used. Something I don't often mention are the trips to the hardware store so I threw in a picture.

The inline fill ended up working best using a -16 female coupler right off the water manifold. Word of advice for people messing with fittings, think plumbing (that's why I keeps referencing plumbing). Unions and couplers are available with AN lines. Also, all the AN flare fittings need to plug into ORB fittings. That may be helpful for someone because I saw people going from AN flare to NPT fittings which causes leaks. The picture with the pump facing up shows an ORB fitting (-20).

I made a video on IG@gbrettin of how the plumbing routes. <- click to see

With all that said, a bracket is needed to mount my Davis Craig water pump. This really took a lot more time than intended. The bracket came out great but I had to cut small pieces out, grind them down, weld them up, grind them down, reweld and then do a final grind. The placement in the one of the pictures below should get the pump to the lowest spot. As mentioned before, it's to prevent air being in the pump.

Well crap... Doesn't look like I got pictures of the fittings. They are just on the parts or scattered around the car.

gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote