View Single Post
Old 09-01-2020, 10:58 AM   #12 (permalink)
tonmed123
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z Red M6
tonmed123 has a reputation beyond reputetonmed123 has a reputation beyond reputetonmed123 has a reputation beyond reputetonmed123 has a reputation beyond reputetonmed123 has a reputation beyond reputetonmed123 has a reputation beyond reputetonmed123 has a reputation beyond reputetonmed123 has a reputation beyond reputetonmed123 has a reputation beyond reputetonmed123 has a reputation beyond reputetonmed123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiVenom View Post
Alright, I have been beating my head against the wall on this one.

Neither of my door request buttons is working. The one on the trunk does work. Key fob works (window rolls down). Valet key in lock rolls windows up and down.

What's even weirder is that when i hit the button I can hear a relay click in the fuse box near the battery. Also, if I roll the window down and hit the button while the ignition is on, I get a series of short beeps (assume this is some kind of security warning in case someone is messing with your car while you are driving)

Given the relay click, and the other clues mentioned above, it seems to me that the signal is making it to that fuse box bit for some reason doesn't activate the actual lock mechanism.

Fuses checked. Connections pulled and reseated. Checked the long term storage switch. Read a bunch of articles that taught me some neat tricks but never actually got in to troubleshooting.

Am I looking at a trip to the dealer or is there something else I should check?
Did anyone get any resolution on this door lock issue?

I started having this issue with exterior door locks. same issues as AntiVenom. Hopefully it is a easy as replacing the master window switch. I don't use this car enough to have this wear our on me like this. At one point I swear, I kept hearing the door locks activate on their own every once in awhile due my battery draining out. which probably affected the switch itself. It stopped once I got a new battery and kept it on a trickle charger.