View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 12:00 AM   #33 (permalink)
Minicobra1
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Tour, Spt, 6mt
Minicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_student View Post
Fail for me. So yesterday when i got home after work, around midnight, i decided to check my oil level. It was just above the minimum. I had an extra quart left of royal purple, so I decided to put about half a quart in.

So i start pouring in my dimly lit garage. Im like its going in smooth. Then I second guess myself because it was hard to tell and as soon as i 'corrected' the flow it didnt pout into the whole. I didnt think I spilled much. So I just cut half an empty bottle of eatter and used that as my funnel. I went to bed and didnt think about it. So today when I went to work, when I was stopped I smelled burning oil...ahhhhh.

Anyway, when I went home I took a look at it and there isnt very much oil, anywhere. My question is...Will it take long for the rest to burn off? The rest of the oil is pretty hard to get to, and it doesn't look like much.
I have a bigger fail, a few months back before taking my car out to the track to test sway bar settings, I too topped off the oil. The problem was........I forgot to put the oil cap back on
Ran the car through the cones around the track, etc. a few days later I started to smell something burning, I probably didn't notice it too much in the beginning because I like to drive with my windows down. So I'm getting gas and I think I should probably open the hood to see what that smell is. Wow!!! oil F*%N everywhere It was spraying out of the hole in a fine mist and was all over the motor and on the bottom of the hood, amazingly It was still at the low setting on the dipstick, so I only lost about a quart and a half. My oil cap was resting in a spot in the engine bay, so at least I didn't loose that too.
370z Tour| Spt Pack|Navi|BERK CBE|Berk HFC's| Eibach Springs| Hotchkis Sway Bars|SPC Camber Arms|15mm Ichiba Wheel Spacers| 19"Factory Nismo Wheels-Matt Black|Stop Tech Rotors|TWM Shifter|3M Tint|Black Fangs|Black Rear Valance|JDM Fog Light| MY BAND-www.myspace.com/petroleum
Minicobra1 is offline   Reply With Quote