View Single Post
Old 08-24-2020, 09:40 AM   #13 (permalink)
thekinn
Base Member

Drives: 06 350Z LS MT
thekinn has a reputation beyond reputethekinn has a reputation beyond reputethekinn has a reputation beyond reputethekinn has a reputation beyond reputethekinn has a reputation beyond reputethekinn has a reputation beyond reputethekinn has a reputation beyond reputethekinn has a reputation beyond reputethekinn has a reputation beyond reputethekinn has a reputation beyond reputethekinn has a reputation beyond repute

I talked to some Z guys at a track day yesterday (which was a pleasant surprise, since there are rarely many Z's at our local MI tracks). One, who is using the same combination XP10/8 said he was experiencing the same issue with deposits on the rotor. He contacted Carbotech, and they said it was due to excessive heat. He installed some simple brake ducts and the issue went away.

Another guy who was also running the same combo XP10/8 for the first time started getting deposits mid-day and was getting some vibration too. Braking performance was still there. No brake ducts.

It has been years since I ran Carbotech, but seeing and riding with the one driver getting vibrations made me remember experiencing the same in my Z. Might want to look into ducting or a different combo if the issue persists after cleaning the rotors up and re-testing.

I use Hawk DTC-60 front and Performance Friction PFC-01 rear. No issues with heat during my 20-30min sessions and rotors looking spiffy. Good luck.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3655s.jpg (482.8 KB, 18 views)