View Single Post
Old 08-20-2020, 10:58 AM   #7837 (permalink)
Leingod
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: In Circles
Leingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLarson View Post
IT group has been playing with joining us to a domain. Yesterday, they broke my account pretty badly and attempted to fix it by creating me a new one. Little did they realize they'd inadvertently deleted all my locally stored data (pretty much a **** ton of records and accumulated knowledge). Came into work today, took 3.5 hours for them to get their crap together, restore my account, and finally I rejoin the ranks of the productive.

Wtf guys.
Da fuq? If creating a new domain is that difficult, then I am in a completely wrong line of work.

I assume they generated a new domain and didn't realize your data was stored locally. So when they created a new profile for you, it loaded a blank slate technically. All they'd need to do is backup your old profile and reload it onto the new one with the active domain.

Or just use VDI/User mapped drives like the rest of the technological world.