View Single Post
Old 08-20-2020, 07:19 AM   #161 (permalink)
Elmo370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 nissan 370z Sp M6
Elmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGTV8 View Post
Hard compound ... Endurance spec tyre. They are durable enough for a 1-hour stint. At this years Bathurst 12-hour GT race, some teams double-stinted as that was quicker than touring the pits, and changing tyres, but they were proper shagged after 2 hours.

DM is medium and DS is soft

DH will take around 2 laps to get enough heat to generate good grip and will be skatey whilst they warm up.

I looped my race car on the out/warm-up lap when I first put Pirelli's on the car - scared the cr4p out of me how quickly the car got away from me (used to SS12 - medium - compound Japanese Dunlops).

Take it easy to get them hot enough to grip, OR find a source of DM.

I have used the TCR tyre which is a 270/650R18 in Medium to good effect (TCR is the 2 litre FWD touring car series - not sure if it is in the US yet).
Yeah he told me to take it easy first couple laps and to stay off the rumble strips
Elmo370z is offline   Reply With Quote