View Single Post
Old 08-20-2020, 04:35 AM   #160 (permalink)
BGTV8
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z M6
BGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchammond View Post
What’s the DH on those tires stand for

Hard compound ... Endurance spec tyre. They are durable enough for a 1-hour stint. At this years Bathurst 12-hour GT race, some teams double-stinted as that was quicker than touring the pits, and changing tyres, but they were proper shagged after 2 hours.

DM is medium and DS is soft

DH will take around 2 laps to get enough heat to generate good grip and will be skatey whilst they warm up.

I looped my race car on the out/warm-up lap when I first put Pirelli's on the car - scared the cr4p out of me how quickly the car got away from me (used to SS12 - medium - compound Japanese Dunlops).

Take it easy to get them hot enough to grip, OR find a source of DM.

I have used the TCR tyre which is a 270/650R18 in Medium to good effect (TCR is the 2 litre FWD touring car series - not sure if it is in the US yet).

Last edited by BGTV8; 08-20-2020 at 04:39 AM.
BGTV8 is offline   Reply With Quote