View Single Post
Old 08-18-2020, 08:13 AM   #7637 (permalink)
Spooler
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Nismo 370z
Spooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchammond View Post
I did; as the E load-range tire is factory sizes for that trailer & adequate,pending quality of tires.
The Goodyear Endurance Trailer service tires are rated just over 2800# each@80psi
We haven’t had trouble with those on our cargo trailers
The tires that I was referring to on Spoolers horse trailer are most likely 235/85/R16’s, as those are available in 14ply (G-load range) & HAF
Those are on a few deck over trailers that see off road action, bounce off curbs & errthing else....just abused
Run those tires at max cold tire pressure & as level as possible, as Spooler mentioned.
Measure the ground clearance on each side at front & rear vs using a level....+ a tick high is better in front vs being low up front; that will wag the dog
Properly loading is another thing; keep weight forward & let your big truck handle so of the spread
I currently have a small 5x9 tag trailer w/ ShingShang’ s on it & a Goodride spare from Tractor Supply..ST205/75/15 ... I’m thinking C load range (6ply)
No where the weight you’re hauling; but you’ll be fine with the GY’s,as your hubs can’t hardly withstand the increased weight of the 14-ply 16” wheel/tire combo
I poked around looking at tires for my car trailer yesterday. Best one is the Goodyear Endurance and they are rated for 87mph. Suck it up and get the load range E's but they do offer the load range D's. They are cheap compared to the Goodyear G614.
I never set to max PSI unless I am loaded at the limit. I set at 10psi lower than max for normal use. Oh yeah, weigh your chit on a certified scale loaded. That way you know what you have weight wise per axle.

Last edited by Spooler; 08-18-2020 at 08:16 AM.