View Single Post
Old 08-17-2020, 08:48 AM   #455 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

Picked up some steel and aluminum to get the mounting brackets around. I cut the Aluminum angle to length but need my buddy to TIG weld it.

First thing that was done was to trim the plastic on the radiator and tape it back off. As much as I love function, I want the parts to look good when this is all completed.

The steel portion I was able to get done. A couple holes were drilled for the mounting location and inserted nuts into the steel stock and then welded them in place. To get the location, the steel stock was held at the mounting point and a marker was used to draw the whole location. I then used a center punch directly in the middle, drilled a pilot hole and then hogged to a larger hole.

After I had the steel stock tacked onto the crash bar I needed to trim off the excess metal. The corners we poking directly into the bumper. The bumper is close to the radiator but doesn't hit. I should look into making a couple mounting points there to hold the nose of the Nismo bumper up better. A lot of older Nismo bumpers sag down a bit (not a lot).

There's limited gap on the crash bar on each. The gap will be sealed off at some point, likely when I make an air box that joins up to the Nismo bumper. Excess heavy stock will be cut out and sheet metal will be used in place.

When I posted all the pictures below in IG, the perspective was all messed up because the images get cut down.

Last edited by gbrettin; 08-17-2020 at 08:51 AM.
gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote