View Single Post
Old 08-12-2020, 01:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
JRibbs09
Base Member

Drives: 2010 Nissan 370z
JRibbs09 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostvette View Post
When you say 'failing' do you mean you can't activate the locks with the fob or with the button on the handle, or with the button on the hatch? Intermittent operation of the fob is usually a bad battery or an antenna for the remote system that has gotten moved accidentally. Intermittent operation of the button on the door maybe something as simple as dirt build up, which might require disassembly of the handle to resolve. I did have a problem with lock actuators on my 2012, but that was from an incorrect installation of the door handle when the car got repainted. The FSM in my sig has some troubleshooting steps that might help.
The actuator fails to operate (lock/unlock) whether I’m using the keyfob, pushing the buttons on the door panel itself, or the standard unlock when the car is turned off. Only way to lock/unlock is to physical push the lock/unlock Next to the Interior door handle itself. The exterior button on the door handle operates, but typically when you unlock/lock the car you can hear the actuator inside the door itself latch and unlock/lock the car...and it doesn’t do that regardless of the method used to unlock/lock the car. I’ve had to at random times hold the unlock button on the keyfob to roll down the windows just to reach in and manually unlock the car.

It’s been a real blast!!!
JRibbs09 is offline   Reply With Quote