View Single Post
Old 08-12-2020, 09:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
JRibbs09
Base Member

Drives: 2010 Nissan 370z
JRibbs09 is on a distinguished road
Default Door Lock Actuators failing AGAIN!!!

I’ve seen/read a few posts on this forum of people having a similar issue about the door locks failing and they have to manually lock/unlock the door in order to get in and out of the car. However I haven’t seen any posts from people on how to go about fixing it themselves and was wondering if anybody out there has?

Luckily my car was under the warranty the first 3 TIMES(yeah, that’s right...I said 3 times) my door locks have failed me. Primarily the driver side. It seems to happen to me every 2-3 years.

First initial time was a year after I got the car back in 2015 when both door locks failed me. I took it to the dealer and they replaced it, thanks to the warranty. The next 2 times were specifically just the driver side. After the 2nd time I took it to a different dealer to have the work done, and surprise surprise in the 3rd time the part faulted again. (First 2 times happened during colder winter months, 3rd time happened during late spring/early summer...so it’s not a seasonal defect)

Long story short, I got it fixed a month ago with just a week left on my warranty and now my passenger side is acting up and failing me at random times.

My question to all you lovely people out there is: has anyone experienced this problem as frequent as me, and have you fixed it yourself? And if so, how did you go about fixing it yourself and did you use aftermarket parts? (Since the OEM from Nissan keep failing)

Any help would be awesomely and greatly appreciated
JRibbs09 is offline   Reply With Quote