View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 09:12 PM   #16 (permalink)
White 370Z
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z 7A
White 370Z is on a distinguished road
Default Q&A's with Pic's

Q: Can you elaborate on how the steering wheel controls are not as good as the stock radio?

A: The PAC has a time delay, which makes you think it didn’t work, then you hit it again and it works twice. I’m getting better with the timing of how and when to hit the buttons, but it is a steep learning curve. Also my favorite thing about to stock set up was being able to flip though my radio presets. So far, me and the installer who I found to be very knowledgeable have only been able to get the steering control to seek, but not toggle thought the presets, As I would like. This is the one thing I hope a call to PAC will fix. If anyone has been able to this with their PAC please let me know.

Q: Any more information on the spacer you made to move the radio forward? What did you make it out of? Any pictures? Any detail appreciated.

A: My spacer was made out of spare parts from a Ikea lamp. But my suggestion is just to stack some washers about the size of a nickel, about a 1/4 to 3/8 of a inch high, around the mounts.

Q: Do you want to post what I need to buy and where exactly I can buy them from? Where did you buy the trim panel to go around the HU?

A: I got everything from Amazon.com. I get everything in my life on amazon.com.
No trim panel. No Trim ring. This thing fits like it’s made for a 370z.
Need to buy:
Radio
IPod cable (if you want)
PAC (If you want)
Wiring harness (Any 08 or newer Nissan is all the same)
And a antenna adaptor, for your FM antenna (Sorry I don’t have the part number), I through the bag out already, and did not order this part online.

Q: Where did you mount the GPS antenna? and do you get good reception?

A: Behind the Speedo, pic attached. It works great.

Q: Is there enough room behind the AVIC 700 for the HD radio?

A: Yes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00769 [].JPG (105.9 KB, 278 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00770 [].JPG (115.6 KB, 276 views)
White 370Z is offline   Reply With Quote