View Single Post
Old 08-11-2020, 01:08 PM   #408 (permalink)
redondoaveb
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 Nismo Gunmetal
redondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopgunZ View Post
Im not worried about them copying my kit since Nic was bashing it publicly on facebook.

However, I am curious how aggressive he went with the tune. Im thinking he definitely held back. I mean its very obvious he wouldnt try to push this kit as hard as his/my old kit to get higher numbers. I cant blame him as that would be foolish on his part.

When my customer asked him about the video they posted on Youtube of making 601whp on 93 he said it is because their intercooler is that much better. Which is also funny because that owner of the 601whp car is stating he has a 550+whp car on facebook. Why wouldnt he say 600+? Maybe he went to a different dyno and it barely broke 550.

Data.. redondoaveb went from 665whp on my Gen 1 to 680whp on the Soho kit at 17psi. Same Dyno, Same Tuner (sebastian). So at 14psi I am guessing that would have been a 5-10whp gain.

However, this Gen 2 intercooler is much bigger than that Gen 1 so if anything it could even make more power if Redondoaveb were to do another comparison with the Ace kit. Yet Soho told this customer theirs makes 40whp more due to the intercooler...LOL.

Theres still plenty of guys out there that dont have this data or care and just believe what they are told due to lack of knowledge.
Since I'm being mentioned here, I should clarify/add a couple things. Seb was actually able to get 657 out of the gen 1 kit but it was maxed out. He said he could have gotten 750 out of the Soho kit but didn't want to push the stock block so he stopped at 680. I see no reason why he wouldn't be able to get 750 out of the Ace kit either. The timing was wrong and I already had the Soho kit installed prior to the Ace kit being released or I would have had it installed to show the power that the kit is capable of. Also, keep in mind, Soho made 711 on the Topgunz gen 1 kit which is a record for a stock block motor.
Fast Intentions "Stage Seb" twin turbo #098- Specialty Z/Tial-Xonarotor/CJM/Ecutek/HKS/KW/SPL/Hotchkis/Rohana/Toyo
700+whp
redondoaveb is offline   Reply With Quote