Thread: DFW Area tuners
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2020, 10:22 AM   #9 (permalink)
VHRpurr
Base Member

Drives: 16 NISMO 370Z M6
VHRpurr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
This!!

I'm not judging. But I'm honestly curious, why are you bothering to tune? I mean the throttle response improvement is nice, so I'm all for that

Texas is huge. Plenty of empty roads out there. Remote tuning does not require full WOT pulls in 4th gear. If I need, I can do redline 3rd gear pulls on 130 which hit up to about 90 mph and put me at 5 mph over the speed limit. Not really needed though. Most street tunes don't need redline pulls.

Unless you want numbers, in which case you should be on a dyno anyway.

Check out Seb's website. Most of the remote tuning questions are answered in the FAQ there. He can answer any other questions you might have. Best customer service in the biz
I've heard nothing but positive reviews from Seb. I'm mainly tuning to optimize the mods I have on the Z like anyone else. I don't really care about dyno numbers honestly. Dyno numbers are bragging rights if you're into that sort of tom foolery. Plus, you can breast enhance the peaks by going SAE to STD, or use smoothing. It's all crap to me honestly. Just optimize my AFR's and lemme road race this beast. I'll think again about Seb... but I have to do my logs on a mac cuz I don't have a PC/Windows OS........
VHRpurr is offline   Reply With Quote