View Single Post
Old 08-08-2020, 12:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
40 to 332
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 13 370Z BS M6 Sport
40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute

So I wiped down the endlinks and applied the lithium grease per Rusty's instructions. Also cleaned and lubricated the swaybar bushings for good measure. Did a visual inspection of the other suspension components and all looked good. The noise is now less frequent, but still noticeable when driving slowly, even straight on fairly smooth roads. It disappears (... at least it can't be heard) at speeds above 10-15 mph. The noise first appeared earlier this year when I took the car out of winter storage. At that time, I did a brief overall inspection of the car, raised it and changed some fluids (diff, tranny, engine oil and clutch) and also decided to install a Z-Speed engine under-shroud. Nothing else. I'm wondering if the under-shroud may be flexing while driving and rubbing intermittently on something, causing the noise. I'll remove it and check for any obvious signs of rubbing, but in the meantime, I would ask whether anyone else has had any rubbing issues with the under-shroud, and if so, what was the source. Incidentally, the under-shroud is tight as a drum when installed using the hardware supplied by Joe at Z-Speed. Thanks in advance for any input!
40 to 332 is offline   Reply With Quote