View Single Post
Old 08-07-2020, 05:04 PM   #6552 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLarson View Post
I'll be doing a deep review of the policy for loopholes. Regarding rainfall, I'm not sure, but we're only about 5 miles from Upper Darby as the crow flies, so I'd imagine a similar amount. Put it this way - driving home, police had shut down I476 and a number of other local roads due to flooding, and I can't recall the last time that happened. That's saying nothing of the debris - rocks and trees - that came down. I felt like I was driving through an obstacle course.
The insurance co is probably going to tell you it was the ground giving way not high winds that caused the wall to collapse, that is not covered by normal policy usually only by a “catastrophic ground collapse “ rider/amendment. Even a sinkhole rider wouldn’t cover that possibly, not 100% sure on that one tho.

Do you have fema flood insurance? That might help as far as any water damage from the storm and associated water intrusion.

Was a federal disaster declaration made for your area, that can help improve chances for getting help as well?