View Single Post
Old 08-07-2020, 05:29 AM   #17 (permalink)
Red-Hat
Base Member

Drives: '20 370Z Shiro White
Red-Hat has a reputation beyond reputeRed-Hat has a reputation beyond reputeRed-Hat has a reputation beyond reputeRed-Hat has a reputation beyond reputeRed-Hat has a reputation beyond reputeRed-Hat has a reputation beyond reputeRed-Hat has a reputation beyond reputeRed-Hat has a reputation beyond reputeRed-Hat has a reputation beyond reputeRed-Hat has a reputation beyond reputeRed-Hat has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, what a shite article. Absolutely no sources cited, no explanation for the comments given e.g.

Quote:
"In terms of structure and safety, the car barely makes the cut."
That is in relation to the BRZ, a car I have personally seen rolled multiple times on a track and watched the driver walk away from. OK, it was caged, but still, the outer roof/passenger cell structure was intact and the car held up great.

If you are going to make claims that cars are unsafe, I think some citations to scientific, mechanical and engineering evaluations are required.

Oh, and I almost missed this gem on the 370Z:

Quote:
"the car has poor crash test ratings"
No it doesn't, it literally can't have poor crash test ratings because the car has literally never been formally crash evaluated by any of the major NCAPS, not by the USA NHTSA, not by the Euro NCAP, and not by the Australian NCAP. Nada, zilch, nothing. As a low volume sportscar it has basically slipped through the need for a crash evaluation. Now it might crash like a wet paper bag, or it might crash like tank, but we literally can't say because there is no formal crash test evaluation.
Red-Hat is offline   Reply With Quote