View Single Post
Old 08-07-2020, 04:05 AM   #16 (permalink)
JeffP-Z
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370z Supercharg
JeffP-Z is on a distinguished road

My response to the author: What crack are you smoking, this is a piss poor article? Yes, we all know sub-compact cars stand little to no chance in a collision with a large SUV or truck. But your commentary on the sports cars is laughable. The Corvette has an amazin saftey record and is designed in a way that protects the driver in a collision causing the car to come apart around the driver. I have personally seen a Corvette be t-boned by a fully loaded dump truck going 55 miles per hour and struck the Corvette on the drivers side from front wheel past the drivers door. The driver walked away with a bruised leg, the car did its job. Regarding the 370z, the brakes are not much of an issue, even on the base model. Any car when driven spiritedly can have brakes overheat if you are unskilled, which means you shouldn't be doing that sort of thing in the first place. Additionally, beyond the base model, all other 370z's come with the upgraded Akebono big brake option which is on par with Stop Tech, Wilwood and Brembo brakes and outperform most basic braking systems and perform quite well under hard driving track conditions. I race a 370z and have yet to have any brake related issues under hard driving track conditions, drift racing, let alone street spirited driving. The other sports cars you mentioned can all be unsafe if you don't respect the car and drive it like an idiot, but that isn't the fault of the car, you can have the same thing happen in a Huyndai Elantra or a Toyota Prius. Please be more factual and less opinionated when publishing material as this is just another piece that belongs in the fake news category. Good try, but epic fail!
Drift Z: 2010 370z, TopGun Rotrex Supercharger, ID 1300cc Injectors, FI Long Tube Headers, GReddy RS-Race Single Exit, Setrab PS & Oil Cooler, BC Racing BR Coilovers, CJM S1.SE Fuel System, Walbro 525 pump with the CJM Billet Fuel Hat, OS Giken Superlock 1.5
JeffP-Z is offline   Reply With Quote