Thread: Engine failure
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2020, 03:18 PM   #11 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmroy6 View Post
When i got the car back fuel would pour out the top of the gauge just from the pump priming. If the afrs looked good during tuning then its prolly not the cause of this. It could have been a bad ringland, the motor was old and most definitely tired. Its been boosted since day one. Im not bashing anyone or blaming any products.. this is just part of the game
Agreed! I just care to make sure that its understood that an old leaky gauge, while it certainly needs to be addressed immediately, doesnt seem like it could realistically cost you an engine in the time-span of a single full throttle pull. Since any fuel leaking at all is too much, I am sure that a small leak looks significant to the naked eye. But if its not blasting out of there, I dont think youd have been at risk of running lean unless your fuel system was already on the edge. I think the larger concern is just the fuel leak itself, as a hazard for the entire vehicle.

Last edited by phunk; 08-06-2020 at 03:20 PM.
phunk is offline   Reply With Quote