View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 08:40 PM   #106 (permalink)
Gary_C
Base Member

Drives: Fast
Gary_C is on a distinguished road

XAN,

Maybe a coincidence, but a lot of these Chinese knockoff companies do things like that to intentionally to confuse the consumer. They may not start the rumor that "Alliance" is an American made brake company, but they know that someone will spread it when they accidentally end up on the wrong site during a GOOGLE search.

Similar situation here...
DaTruth: The Chinese Are Bad For Your Health
LOL

My big gripe is that all of these new brake kit "suppliers" try to market their products head to head with the real manufacturers like Brembo, AP, PFC, Alcon, etc... (stated "SUPPLIERS", because the majority of them do not manufacturer their own products) The consumer who may not have enough cash to buy a Brembo or AP kit right this second falls for the marketing,...thinks he "saved" a bit of money,... and then justifies his purchase in the first place by making his own claims about how "it's just as good". For many people, it may actually be "good enough" for themselves, but I really get frustrated by the propaganda and false claims that may influence by someone who really doesn't know there are major differences.

The reason why people like Chris and myself have soo much pride for the brands we represent is because we know exactly what goes into the products that we offer. Whether everyone acknowledges it or appreciates it means very little to me, as long as we are able to get the truth out there. The guy who may not have been able to afford the real deal the first time around, can at least learn that there is a difference, wait a little longer to make his purchase, and get a product that may not be "cheaper" but is most definitely the better VALUE when you get down to the "nuts and bolts" of it. (almost literally )

No offense to Alliance or any other brand buying parts from over seas and slapping their name on it, but if you market your product for what it is...a low cost option for a segment of the market that can't afford better, or doesn't feel they need better...you will be a much better company for it in the long run. Over promising and under delivering will be your down fall.
I work for Race Technologies, Brembo's sole distributor and representative in the US. I am here as an enthusiast, the opinions shared here are solely mine, & not necessarily shared by that of Race Technologies or Brembo.
Gary_C is offline   Reply With Quote