View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 01:25 PM   #6365 (permalink)
Leingod
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: In Circles
Leingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostvette View Post
Make sure you have a professional home inspector. They will know all the stuff to look for and they will have a checklist that they work from. As a general rule, you are paying for the inspection, so if the person doing the inspection seems to be glancing over stuff, ask questions. A thorough inspection takes time.

Home Depot has an orange book that covers some basic home repairs. I'll post a link after I go to a meeting.
I got a recommendation from my dad for a home inspector for our area. He is NYS licensed with 22 years experience. Hopefully that's trustworthy enough. I'll be asking tons of questions for basically anything I see as we go through it. I was told it'll take roughly 2 hours to complete.

I just realized I should learn how to light a pilot light and buy a few fire extinguishers......