View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 08:24 AM   #6350 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLarson View Post
Yesterday turned into a fairly good reminder of why you sometimes need a literal rainy day fund. Wife called me at work informing me that the back wall of the garage had collapsed into the garage itself, and a mixture of mud and water had followed it in. The Z was in the garage, along with all of my tools and a good bit of other stuff. I talked her through backing the Z out of the garage, rushed home, and we managed to pretty much carry everything of much value out.

Still hadn't collapsed so I took apart some of my work bench for materials, braced the 2x4s against the ceiling on 3 floor jacks, and that's how it sits.

Then another tree came down in my yard and missed taking out the power line to the house by literal inches (it hit the line but did not take it out).

Power was out till around midnight. Stuff happens but man yesterday can suck a fat one. Oh and our insurance company pretty much told us there's no way they'd cover that kind of damage since it involves water and movement of earth.

Terribly sorry to hear about this J. Hope the repairs are not a horrible hassle for you.

At least the yard is nice and green

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |