View Single Post
Old 08-04-2020, 09:30 PM   #537 (permalink)
Red-Hat
Base Member

Drives: '20 370Z Shiro White
Red-Hat has a reputation beyond reputeRed-Hat has a reputation beyond reputeRed-Hat has a reputation beyond reputeRed-Hat has a reputation beyond reputeRed-Hat has a reputation beyond reputeRed-Hat has a reputation beyond reputeRed-Hat has a reputation beyond reputeRed-Hat has a reputation beyond reputeRed-Hat has a reputation beyond reputeRed-Hat has a reputation beyond reputeRed-Hat has a reputation beyond repute

Saw my first Supra in the flesh the other week, bright yellow. They are pretty rare here in Australia, first because they only released 300 units for year 1 allocation, second because they cost AU$100k (US$70k). For comparison, I got a 2020 370Z (our base Z is the equivalent of the US Sport Touring grade) for around AU$50k (US$35k). Here in Oz a Mustang GT is around AU$70k (US$50k). Cars are expensive here.

Can't say I'm a fan of the Supra's looks TBH. Seemed a bit overstyled and lumpy in the flesh. Can't argue with the performance though, and the tunability of the B58 engine. I'm under no illusions the B58 Supra would leave a stock Z for dead from a dig or a roll.

I know a lot of Aussie 2019 Supra buyers, first year early adopters, are mighty pi$$ed off at Toyota for blowing their resale by releasing a substantially revised and more powerful 2020 model just 1 year after the launch version. Pretty crummy way to treat your most committed early buyers IMO. People bag the 370Z for its lack of updates, but at least that protects early buyers' resale values somewhat.

In any case I wouldn't be buying an A90 Supra for a few years, as it seems they've chosen a drip feed approach where each year's model will receive incremental upgrades. Given that, I'd be inclined to wait for the final edition and get the best version of the car.
Red-Hat is offline   Reply With Quote