View Single Post
Old 08-04-2020, 01:10 PM   #21 (permalink)
Ghostvette
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 Magma Red 6MT
Ghostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivilPenny View Post
UPDATE 3...we charged the battery up to 12.5v yesterday, then unplugged the negative terminal and let it sit over night until now at 2pm. Read the battery and it was still at 12.3ish, hooked up the cable, and the car started. This in theory should eliminate the battery as the cause, because if it were the battery, it should have depleted greatly by itself over night. This means I have something drawing power while the car is off. I was praying it was just the battery, but now I have to take it in to have it diagnosed. Going to let it sit with terminals hooked up for a few hours and will read it one last time.

Weird, waited a few hours and tested it. Read 12.5 right where we left off...could the problem have solved itself..?
Batteries don't 'fix themselves'. Like Rusty said, if the battery is over 3 years old, you are on borrowed time. Get a new battery, preferably an AGM battery.