View Single Post
Old 08-04-2020, 06:56 AM   #6262 (permalink)
Leingod
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: In Circles
Leingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by redondoaveb View Post
Mortage payment can't be too bad on a 100k house. A lot less than what I pay for rent. Why do all the inexpensive areas have to be cold areas
My dad is a loan originator. FHA 30-yr will be $858 monthly. I can easily handle that. It's just the highest amount of money I've ever had to pay monthly is all. Messes with my head that I am effectively paying over double what the Z cost me for a 5 yr loan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madwi View Post
Building equity and right now, home prices are doing nothing but going up.
It's real bad here. I am definitely buying at the wrong time. Sellers market here right now where 70k houses are going for 90k. I honestly think we lucked out with ours right at 100k. Between the pool, fenced in backyard, nice garage, and new roof. We should be all set. And it's in a neighborhood where surrounding houses are in the 130k range.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLarson View Post
I sincerely wish my roof was only 8k to replace

Congrats to you Lein! First house is a big deal. I don't know if you're handy in terms of construction skills, but your local community college may have some classes. I highly advise these. Paying for home repairs sucks! There are things I'll pay for at this point just to get them done quickly, but I always resent the need, and am glad for the ability to tell good work from bad work.
Thank you!!!! I know how to use a power drill and swing a hammer. Have enough friends I can call favors on to come fix really broken things for cheap. Otherwise, i will just be your everyday homeowner and learn from my mistakes.