View Single Post
Old 08-03-2020, 07:55 PM   #6215 (permalink)
503.Zed
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 18 370Z GM M6
503.Zed has a reputation beyond repute503.Zed has a reputation beyond repute503.Zed has a reputation beyond repute503.Zed has a reputation beyond repute503.Zed has a reputation beyond repute503.Zed has a reputation beyond repute503.Zed has a reputation beyond repute503.Zed has a reputation beyond repute503.Zed has a reputation beyond repute503.Zed has a reputation beyond repute503.Zed has a reputation beyond repute

Well. got a ticket for "speed racing" last night. Fairly confident I'll win this one in court. It was midnight and I was on my way home from a friends house (about midnight). Was on a highway with some twisties and as I start to go I notice a squad car pulled over on the opposite side of the road. I slow way down to speed limit before getting any close. This whole time my Valentine-One is dead silent, no radar or laser. After I go past them and around a turn or two, I downshift and start cruising. About a mile later as I enter the city limits I slow way down (as I know cops tend to hangout there). I'm going the speed limit for about half a mile before I notice a pair of headlights come flying behind me, then my Valentine-One starts going off...

Cop turns his lights on and pulls me over. As usual, I turn the overhead lights on in the car and roll both windows all the way down (full visibility for the officers so they feel a little more comfortable). Officer tells me he's pulling me over for my speed. Said he suspected I was speeding because it took him a mile and half to catch up to me as he left that stop I saw him on. At no point in time did he physically witness me speeding, let alone get me on radar or laser at any speed. He asks me what I have to say about that and of course I admit to nothing and just telling him I'm on my home. He asked me "how many drinks have you had tonight" and I told him "none" which was the truth, I haven't even drank since last weekend. He then said "maybe it's the cologne I'm smelling then" LOL, whatever. He takes my info and I chat with the other two officers (2 squad cars pulled me over). They were pretty cool and relaxed guys, they just seemed bored.

Officer comes back and says he's giving me a ticket for speed racing because he didn't see me actually speeding. Says for it to be speed racing, that doesn't mean there even has to be another car. He said "testing the endurance of a vehicle" which he said he suspected me doing since he "heard" me downshift a couple turns past his stop, and also how long it took him to catch up to me.

This is the funny part, HE PUT THE WRONG NAME ON THE TICKET. He must've gotten info mixed up and entered the policy owner's info for the defendant (I'm not the policy holder, but on the insurance). So as it is the ticket isn't even for me. My court date is late next month.