View Single Post
Old 08-02-2020, 11:39 AM   #437 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

Having to disassemble the front end of the car for the valley pan installation forced me to take another look at the front end of the car. From the start I wanted to a forward leaning radiator boxed in. Truth be told, I wasn't fully happy with the placement of the A2W IC in front of the radiator. My whole goal with this car is to produce the best result I can possible do. Knowing that the airflow is not optimal, creating drag and inefficient cooling wasn't going to cut it. The time frame for this year and the corvid experience has made it so there is no sense of urgency to have the car running. There's simply no reason to take a short cut, and it weighed heavy on me that I was taking a short cut.

I remedied that with action. I am 100% moving forward with a forward leaning and boxed in radiator. I'm not going to completely duct the air out the hood but I will have ducts shooting towards hood vents (on my non existent pin on hood as of right now).

Moving forward...
The mount bar was cut leaving the two turbos to hang by themselves. I'll need to cut down an extra plate of metal and weld it to the existing flat stock; then drill some holes so that a bolt can go into existing threaded crash bar holes. The bar that was removed between the two turbos is an absolute perfect fit for the front bumper curve. I'm going to use that for a legitimate crash bar. I need to use some more tube stock to get it in the vicinity shown in the last picture. The crash bar will also serve as a mounting location for the radiator.

The hurdles...
I found a pretty nice radiator to use: CSF R1 Radiator

The problem is this: I am going to keep AC so I need an AC condenser unit and I don't know jack **** about it (I know enough to be dangerous). If any of you guys know of a separate system that is unmarried from the radiator, I'm all ears. Well, that's what I'm going to research.

Someone grabbed my phone and started taking pictures of me working. The action shots are rare. lol

Edit - I went to Streetcar Takeover last weekend. My buddy said he wanted to get faster than "14.0", mentioned in my last video. He got 11.2 on a low power setting being 50% or so in the throttle the whole time (I saw the data log). He was happy having it out and that was the first run on any track with his fresh build. He expects to go 8's in the future; however, he was VERY nervous at the event. I 100% understand why. He built it. That sounds funny to say, but there's no factory testing. Stuff can go wrong or really bad. It's best to ease into it. Also, jumping into 1000whp animal (yes, that's not high boost) is pretty nuts. For all the 1000+hp builds you see on the Internet... I'm willing to bet most people haven't experienced over 500.

Anyway, I wanted to give that little bit of information since I mentioned it in the video.

Last edited by gbrettin; 08-02-2020 at 11:48 AM.
gbrettin is online now   Reply With Quote