View Single Post
Old 07-30-2020, 03:55 PM   #15 (permalink)
sirnixalot
Track Member

Drives: 2010 370Z
sirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond repute

Boost leak test is good. As much of a pain in the *** as that was to do.

So here is what I have found. With the VVEL cam manually adjusted to minimum lift position, hitting the stopper the lowest reading I could achieve is 1.39* VVEL angle, not 0*. So I went back to the sensor connector pins and did the resistance tests all over again as well as making sure I got the 5v signals. As I went to test for the 5v between pins 5 & 6 I got nothing. Testing between pin 6 and engine ground got me 5v.

So even though I toned out the vvel position sensor wires to the vvel ecu pins and got 0 ohms, it appears that pin 5 on the sensor (white wire) which is a ground has a break somewhere. I dunno how it toned to 0 ohms last time but toning it out to the engine grounds yielded infinit resistance on my multimeter where as pin 2 which is also a ground resulted in 0 ohms doing the same test.

I vampire tapped a supplemental ground on that wire and the readings with the car off and ignition on are where they need to be.

Unfortunately I wont be able to do a driving test for another 3-4 hours. I will report back.

Last edited by sirnixalot; 07-30-2020 at 04:00 PM.
sirnixalot is offline   Reply With Quote