View Single Post
Old 07-29-2020, 11:53 AM   #6 (permalink)
sirnixalot
Track Member

Drives: 2010 370Z
sirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by INFmstrTech View Post
I think your overthinking it. You don’t have to have the same voltage reading for the VVEL to properly work. Spec is 500mV +- 48mV. The only thing that you’re actually doing is setting the position sensor at a certain voltage so the control module knows where the shaft is at, from there it will take actual values and adjust accordingly. Out of the 100 or so VVEL engines I’ve rebuilt doing the VVEL Position adjustment can yelps weird results. IE: the position sensor never has an in spec reading no matter what way you turn it...but most of the time the position sensors will read slightly different. long story short is that you successfully adjusted them so don’t sweat the voltage difference...check out the attachment and look at the sensor learn values. They differ but are in spec. The other values don’t match but the car operates perfect!
Interesting. When I swapped the VVEL ECU the voltages were pretty much dead on under load and differed 0.05v at idle. This eventually reverted to the 0.1v difference after 20 mins of driving. However the power loss issue was still there even with the voltages closer.