View Single Post
Old 07-28-2020, 12:50 AM   #23 (permalink)
KingZTX
Base Member

Drives: Slow, homie
KingZTX has a reputation beyond reputeKingZTX has a reputation beyond reputeKingZTX has a reputation beyond reputeKingZTX has a reputation beyond reputeKingZTX has a reputation beyond reputeKingZTX has a reputation beyond reputeKingZTX has a reputation beyond reputeKingZTX has a reputation beyond reputeKingZTX has a reputation beyond reputeKingZTX has a reputation beyond reputeKingZTX has a reputation beyond repute

07/28/2020

Back in late March, maybe early April, my oil plug came loose and I dumped about 5qts of oil through my neighborhood--I didn't pull over and cut the engine until I saw smoke and smelled something foul. The oil continued to drop even after I pulled the car over, so I knew it wasnt running completely dry when I turned it off. No oil pressure light either.

JAR recommended sending in an oil sample to Blackstone Labs.

They were very informative with the report, and made some remarks about the situation I encountered. Really puts my mind at ease, but I will be submitting the next oil change sample as well just as a "check up." Below are the results.

NOTE: My odometer read 81,000mi NOT 8,000mi like they documented--must have misread my handwriting, or I could have accidentally left out the "1." None the matter, I dont think that made too much of an impact on their assessment. I'll make sure its correct next sample.