View Single Post
Old 07-22-2020, 05:57 PM   #5390 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkist350z View Post
Agreed, lol I posted a comment on youtube if he is color blind, lol.
I watched that video and thought it was a waste. So I went into thought about something substantial.

The z34 was introduced and had the same performance stats as the camaro SS with two less cylinders. So i was thinking, in terms of performance. This has to be the same standard for the Z35.

Right now my camaro if it were stock with the DM exhaust is 460hp/460lb tq and 3700lbs. Which puts it at 8lbs per hp.

For the Z35 to have equivalent stats to the camaro, I figured it has to weigh at most 3200lbs even. This number is VERY IMPORTANT.
It puts the Z35 at 8lbs per hp as well.

But... what im worried about with the Z is the 7speed transmission. Its simplistic, outdated and seems to feel more sluggish as the years pass by.
The camaro 8 speed has so many tricks to wring out 3.9 second to 60 during fall weather.
Track+ competitive mode + active performance shift gets the car shifting PDK fast. Do sport + CM + APS for streets and you once again will be perfectly damped to achieve the same acceleration. With my mods now I've only gotten to 3.8 seconds but I've shaved half a second on my quarter mile time. It doesnt take much to pull those times out of a camaro.
This in turn will be important not so much to fight a camaro. But to fight the supra. Cuz the supra times do match the camaro but is a hair faster 0 to 60.
Another thing. Nissan needs to avoid being front heavy like the Z34.
The supra inline 6 allows it to be very balanced in the corners. LT 1 engines are very light and camaros as well outcomes Z34's by leaps and bounds.
Nissan has to lengthen the hood and keep the FM engine configuration. So we probably need the Z33 wheelbase back giving the z35 about 3 inches extra of hood.
The current 7 speed has to go!!. And we must keep the sport and nismo wheel sizes.

The transmission and the hood length vs engine placement will make or break this Z. Here's hoping for the best. Good luck to us.
Fingers crossed.