View Single Post
Old 07-21-2020, 12:51 AM   #13 (permalink)
slastrina
Base Member

Drives: Nissan 370z 2009
slastrina is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by radensb View Post
It looks like I can supply assembled boards (without the Bluetooth installed), the universal adapter harness, and the base model AC control module harness for $130-$150 (depending on final quote) + shipping.

For non-American models, it would be a good idea to confirm that nothing is different (ie: same connectors and pin outs). The code is setup for an American model so units for temp are Fahrenheit. There is also some minor differences in the CAN data that I believe are specific to regional differences that would have to be changed in the code.

I don't see why not. I have never shipped anything over seas. Something I could look into though.

I am currently in the process of getting the current design built for testing. I changed enough of the design to make it "universal" that I feel I should test it on my own car first. I hope to have a working prototype in a few weeks, but this whole COVID thing is adding unusual delays to my orders. Once I vet the current Universal design, I have gotten quotes for fully assembled boards with 30-40 day lead time (again, delays due to COVID that may or may not impact the order).

Great question. I have no clue.
My thought is to setup an email address for this on the github site and have people who want to buy a pre-assembled board email me their address and details about their car, like the year, so I know what firmware to load and what kind of adapter needs to be supplied if requested, and send money via paypal or venmo.

There would be a page in the Wiki with instructions.
im keen, i mailed you through the forum anyway, not sure if you got the email