View Single Post
Old 07-19-2020, 02:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
Spartan 1771
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Wife crazy & 09 370Z
Spartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSTR View Post
For the money the car has decent performance and economy. What is not to like. I enjoy the style of the car and the reviews appear to show a good driving machine. Better that than a box or truck/SUV. Never been a fan. Love cars.

SUV/Truck/Jeep never impress me. Sure for work or real off road but not for daily drive. Too big, block vision of others and wasteful. I read in a US publication that most SUV's carry 1 person, a child and 1/2 ounce of nutmeg on most days LOL- Waste.

I dont see how having something so large to manage, all that mass, is fun at all. Parking locations are not all super big either. Weak brakes to cover the mass involved etc. Unsafe to me.
Although I'm a car enthusiast, my family car and every day driver is an SUV. Our family car is an AWD Murano SL. In the winter snow plowing can be questionable at best and the AWD comes in handy as well as the ride height. Although the stock brakes were sufficient, I upgraded the pads anyway. I don't understand why anyone would consider them to be unsafe though. In the heavy rain or snow I would much rather be in our Murano or CX-7 over our Civic sedan or the Z any day of the week. Beyond that, I didn't purchase any of them to have fun. I have the Z for that.

-DD Air Guide, Stillen G3 CAIs, 63mm Throttle Bodies, Motordyne M370, Berk HFCs, FI TDX CBE (non-res, CF), Sprint booster v3, Ecutek Dyno Tuned, and the list goes on...
Spartan 1771 is offline   Reply With Quote