View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 05:05 PM   #12 (permalink)
Modshack
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Sport
Modshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcussoori View Post

With my prior M3 and Mini Cooper S, even with my semi-aggressive engine use I usually could go at least 12,000 miles before the maintenance light would come on (BMWs and Minis have a special set of warnings for recommended oil changes, please don't confuse this with the check engine light).
Yeah, but on the Mini that was partially influenced by them paying for routine services....A lot cheaper for the dealer to do it every 15K than it is every 5K.
I never subscribed to that Mini Maintenance schedule when I had mine. Just because the Reminder spaces services out doesn't mean it's right. Both my Honda and my Old '08 Vette had maintenance light algorythms that actually calculated usage style (not just time or miles) and called for changes between 6K and 7.5K which seemed about right. I'm going on a 5K schedule with my Z (on Synthetic)

Steal my car! (SOLD)...Now Porsche Cayman S
Oil Cooler DIY: Here!
Modshack is offline   Reply With Quote