Thread: Track Day Chat
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2020, 11:33 AM   #146 (permalink)
justin_boy
Track Member

Drives: z34
justin_boy has a reputation beyond reputejustin_boy has a reputation beyond reputejustin_boy has a reputation beyond reputejustin_boy has a reputation beyond reputejustin_boy has a reputation beyond reputejustin_boy has a reputation beyond reputejustin_boy has a reputation beyond reputejustin_boy has a reputation beyond reputejustin_boy has a reputation beyond reputejustin_boy has a reputation beyond reputejustin_boy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
That's great to hear and that's what i'd wish more street/canyon drivers would acknowledge and understand if they gave driving at the track a chance. I used to drive our canyons a lot, been on basically every So Cal canyon from Ojai down to Palomar Mountain. I still go from time to time but after my first track day, the canyons just weren't as rewarding and liberating as the race track is.

Also the 370z doesn't get the respect it deserves as a track car/sports car. You have the miata/s2k/frs crowd who say it's too heavy, then you have the Porsche/BMW/Mustang/Camaro/Corvette crowd who say it doesnt have enough power. They're not completely wrong, but that's not an excuse to dismiss the car and ditch it. If you love the car, get the seat time with it at the track and it will reward you and surprise some people along the way.

As you develop with the car, you are going to find there's a lot it has to offer in it's stock form and even more so as you start to tune the handling with coil overs, brakes, sway bars and tires.

1st track day my 370z had cold air intakes and a front sway bar at Streets of Willow CW, the rest came down to me...I had an amazing time, a day i'll never forget.

If you're interested in tracking with a dedicated group of Nissan enthusiasts, hope you might consider coming out to a Nissan Challenge event. We are scheduled to resume our 2020 season in September if COVID conditions permit it.

I will definitely look into that!! loos so exciting... is it only nissans? my friend loves to come to whatever event he can with his subie

it kinda sucks because the canyons dont give me much satisfaction anymnore. I live down the hill right by topanga canyon and 10 min from malibu canyon, so it was a couple times a week thing for me. I want sway bars but I heard the install is up to 8 hours front and back?!?
justin_boy is offline   Reply With Quote