View Single Post
Old 07-18-2020, 07:57 AM   #12 (permalink)
johnxxx
Track Member

Drives: 2014 370Z PW Nismo
johnxxx has a reputation beyond reputejohnxxx has a reputation beyond reputejohnxxx has a reputation beyond reputejohnxxx has a reputation beyond reputejohnxxx has a reputation beyond reputejohnxxx has a reputation beyond reputejohnxxx has a reputation beyond reputejohnxxx has a reputation beyond reputejohnxxx has a reputation beyond reputejohnxxx has a reputation beyond reputejohnxxx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooltoy View Post
I see. Good to know. No one has reported any issues with these in the past. I will keep that in mind. Sorry for the trouble.

There are these ones, but no guarantee you will nor run into the same issue. Maybe ask them to measure for you prior to ordering.

https://zspeed.com/product/370z-g37-...t-set-20-lugs/

Or you can have your silver ones powder coated. That has been done before.

Or plastic caps.

https://www.colorlugs.com/

PS: I have added a warning to my first post.
Thanks CoolToy and no worries. Yeah, I'm a little surprised how Z1 can continue to sell and advertise these lugs fitting our Nismo Rays when clearly they are smaller and can be dangerous for people who use them. They fact that they fit the stud thread but are not snug against the wall of the hole of the wheel (like I mentioned off by 1/16" ) is troublesome. Not only doesn't it center on the wheel correctly (needless to say it can move around on the wheel ) but the wall thickness that fits around the stud is thinner and most likely doesn't have the same strength. (we all seen pictures of wrong lugs being sheared off ) In talking with their service dept and customer service I was promised a call back from them with these same concerns I share with the forum. I never did get a call back but I did get an email back with a prepaid RMA return and a promise for a full refund once received. I'm guessing they don't want to provide an explanation as this would show/prove liability... I do hope that they stop advertising / selling these fitting our Nismo wheels and pull them from the shelves.
FI TT Kit #099 making 794whp/713# torque@23psi
johnxxx is offline   Reply With Quote