View Single Post
Old 07-16-2020, 03:28 PM   #14 (permalink)
Desert Rat
Base Member

Drives: 2014 370Z M6 Base
Desert Rat has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Rat has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Rat has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Rat has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Rat has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Rat has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Rat has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Rat has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Rat has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Rat has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Rat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by viiv View Post
First of all I want to make a disclaimer here, that when I refer to Ford here I am only talking about their body on frame truck vehicles, which are pretty decent quality wise.
I am not talking about any of their unibody crossovers or cars here.

Order of US market truck reliability.

1. Toyota

far ahead of...

2. Ford

which in of itself is far ahead...

3. Chevrolet

4. Fiat-Chrysler (Dodge Ram, Jeep)

FCA makes pretty much the worst vehicles on the planet (with Jaguar-Land Rover not being much better). Do Ford trucks have Toyota level quality? No.

But Ford is much better than any Fiat-Chrysler (or Jaguar Land Rover) product and anyone who buys a new Jeep is a sucker and a fool. Friends don't let friends be suckered into any FCA product.

Previously, the only body on frame SUVs I would consider are:

1. Toyota Land Cruiser / Lexus LX570
2. Toyota 4Runner / Lexus GX470
3. Nissan Patrol / Infiniti QX80

There is a reason why the above vehicles are all of what you will see on an expedition into the Saraha desert and you will never see a Jeep. A vehicle breakdown in the middle of the Sahara desert equals death with a money-back guarantee.

and now the Ford Bronco. Is it better quality wise than a Toyota Land Cruiser? Hell no.

But it is the only body on frame SUV now with a manual transmission that is not made by FCA and that is why I want one.
This reads like a CNN opinion piece.

My '07 Ram has been dead reliable for 10 years and 140k miles, many of which with a 2500lb slide in camper in the bed. Toyota is overrated and has been for many years now, though they do tend to win the resale wars with the Tacoma. I know many people with all makes of late model full size trucks, and honestly, it boils down to preference, because all are very similar in terms of reliabilty and longevity. I have a couple friends with 400k+ on Dodges and Fords, and those trucks are still serving daily driver duty.

You have zero basis to discuss reliability on the Bronco since it hasn't been released yet.

So anyways.....carry on.
Desert Rat is offline   Reply With Quote